Dr. Melody Fisher
Department of Communication
McComas Hall, Room 138
Phone: (662) 325-8078
Fax: (662) 325-3210
- BA 2000: Tougaloo College; English
- MS 2003: University of Southern Mississippi; Public Relations
- Ph.D. 2012: University of Southern Mississippi; Mass Communication
- Principles of Public Relations
- Public Relations Case Problems
- Public Relations Writing
- Public Relations in Organizations
- Crisis Communication
- Image Restoration
- Minority Representation in Media
- Rasmussen, L. and Fisher, M. (2019).Blackfish backlash: SeaWorld’s attempt at navigating a crisis situation. In B. Brunner and C. Hickerson (Eds.) Cases in public relations: Translating ethics into action. Oxford University Press.
- Fisher, M. and Rasmussen, L.(2018). One for all: Mississippians’ fight for a new flag. In R. Luttrell and L. Capizzo (Eds.), Public relations campaigns: An integrated approach . -Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishing.
- Fisher, M. (2017). Still fighting the good fight: An analysis of student activism and institutional response. Public Relations Review, doi:10.1016/j.pubrev.2017.11.005
- Brown, R., Cole, H. and Fisher, M . (2017). Race and Anti-LGBT legislation. Journalism Studies, doi:10.1080/1461670X.2017.1292860
- Goodman, M., Brandon, S. and Fisher, M . (2017). 1968: Music as Rhetoric in Social Movements. International Journal of Management and Social Sciences , doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.21013/jmss.v9.v2.p4.