Dr. Philip Poe
Coordinator, Print & Digital Journalism
Department of Communication
McComas Hall, Room 036
- Ph.D. 2012; Texas Tech University, Mass Communication
- M.A. 2009; University of Houston, Mass Media Studies
- B.A. 2003; University of Houston, Communication-Journalism
- Introduction to News Writing & Reporting
- Feature Writing
- Beginning TV Production
- Writing for the Media
- Introduction to Communication
- Media antecedents of health behavior
- Disability, culture, and media representation
- Poe, P., Moseley, M., & Coats, C. (2017). “I know nothing”: Perceived barriers to healthy eating among Mississippi college freshmen living on campus. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 7(12), 12-18.
- Poe, P. (2015). Patriarchy and “the Heisenberg Principle". in J. Wood & D. Wood (Eds.) The Methods of Breaking Bad: Essays on Narrative, Character and Ethics. McFarland & Company, Inc., Jefferson, NC.
- Wirtz, J., Ngondo, P. & Poe, P. (2013). Talking with us or at us? Religious denominations use of dialogic principles. Media and Religion, 12, 165-180.
- Matheny, T., Poe, P., Fisher, M. & Warren, S. (2018). Chaos and stability in Donald Trump’s acceptance speech. Media Watch 9 (3), 260-266.
- Poe, P.& Moseley (2016/2018). “She’s a little different”: Autism-spectrum disorders in prime-time TV. ETC: A Review of General Semantics, 73 (4), 291-313.