Welcome to the
Department of Communication
The Department of Communication is within the College of Arts & Sciences and currently serves approximately 600 majors. Communication majors may choose from one or more of the following concentrations: Broadcasting, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, and Theatre.
The mission of the Department of Communication is to prepare students to be effective and ethical consumers and producers of personal and public communication. To that end, the department serves all students in the development of basic communication skills and of an appreciation for mass media, public communication, and theatre.
- Congratulations to our winners of the SEJC Best of the South competition.
March 10, 2015 (Tuesday)
- Dr. Lawrence Strout authors new book
February 27, 2015 (Friday)
- Herrington earns APR professional certification
February 02, 2015 (Monday)
- Spring 2015 Advisory Board Meeting
May 01, 2015 (Friday)
- Ninth Annual CO Golf Tournament
October 09, 2015 (Friday)