Academic Advising Coordinator
Department of Communication
Summer 2022 Academic Deadlines
See the University's Academic Calendar for specific dates for each term.
Fall 2022 Academic Deadlines
August 17: Classes begin
August 23 (by 11:59 p.m.): Last day to drop a course on your own via Banner
August 24 (by 5 p.m.): Last day to add a course
August 24 (by 5 p.m.): Last day to request undergraduate academic forgiveness
August 29: Fall 2022 graduation application opens
October 6 (by 5 p.m.): Last day to drop a class with a “W”
October 24 - November 4: Advising for Winter 2022/Spring 2023 courses
November 7 - November 18: Registration for Winter 2022/Spring 2023 courses
November 14 (by 5 p.m.): Last day to withdraw from University
November 29: Classes End
November 30: Reading Day
December 1-8: Final Exams
Graduating students (Fall 2022):
• Fall 2022 graduation application opens August 29.
• Apply for graduation via myState.
• You will pay a $50 fee.
• Apply for graduation by October 22 to avoid a late fee.
• Starting October 22, you will pay the $50 original fee PLUS a $100 late fee to apply for graduation.
• The final deadline to apply for Fall 2022 graduation is November 28. If you miss this deadline, you must wait until the next semester to apply for graduation.