Academic Advising Coordinator
Department of Communication
Winter Session 2020
December 1: Classes begin
December 2: Last day to drop or add a class on your own via Banner
December 18 (5:00 p.m.): Last day to drop a class with a “W” grade
December 21: Last day to withdraw from the University
December 31: Last day of classes
January 2: Reading Day
January 4: Final Exams
Spring 2021 Academic Deadlines
January 11: Classes begin
January 11: Spring 2021 graduation application opens
January 15: Last day to drop a course on your own via Banner (11:59 p.m.)
January 19: Last day to add a course (8:00 am)
January 19: Last day to request undergraduate academic forgiveness (5 p.m.)
March 2: Last day to drop a class with a “W” (5 p.m.)
March 22 - April 1: Advising for Summer and Fall 2021 courses
April 5 - April 16: Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 courses
April 6: Last day to withdraw from University (5 p.m.)
April 21: Reading Day
April 22-April 28: Final Exams
• Spring 2021 graduation application opens January 11.
• Apply for graduation online via myState.
• You will pay a $50 fee.
• Apply for graduation by March 26 to avoid a late fee.
• Starting March 26, you will pay the $50 original fee PLUS a $100 late fee to apply for graduation.
• The final deadline to apply for Spring 2021 graduation is April 19. If you miss this deadline, you must wait until the next semester to apply for graduation.