Request an Appointment
If you do not have an internship and are requesting guidance on how to find one, click here.
Request to take CO 4053
If you have an internship and are interested in getting course credit for it, click here.
Where are you Interning?
We like to keep up to date on the wonderful things our students are doing. If you do not need course credit but have still secured an internship, please let us know here
Check out our MSU Communication Internship blog to learn about past experiences from MSU students and tips on how to land your dream internship.
For tips and tricks regarding cover letters, résumés, and application processes, see the MSU Career Center Handbook here.
CO 4053 Requirements
In order to take CO 4053, a student must:
- Be a communication major
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Have completed 60 hours of course work at time of internship (junior or senior standing)
- Have taken introductory classes in his/her concentration
- Have an approved internship in his/her concentration
- Work a minimum of 120 hours at the internship during the semester enrolled
In order for an internship to meet CO 4053 requirements, supervisors must:
- Provide 120+ hours of meaningful work experience in the student's field of study
- Not be a relative of the student
- Have professional experience, training, or education in the student's field of study or closely related field
- Be available to the student at regular intervals to provide meaningful oversight, feedback, and guidance to the intern
- Complete an electronic agreement form at the start of the semester to verify the internship
- Complete an end of semester evaluation of the student that will factor into his/her final grade in the course
There are two options to document an internship on your transcript. To see the options, click here.
Career Center Course Information
For questions about receiving course credit through the Career Center, please contact Renea Brandon at 662-325-3823 in 335 McCain Engineering.
For general career counseling, resume review, or mock interviews, please contact Daniel Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about Washington, D.C. Internships, please contact Caragh Boyles at email@example.com.
For information on receiving credit through the Career Center: http://www.coop.msstate.edu/internships/.
For general career center information: http://www.career.msstate.edu.
Resources for Hiring Organizations
General Internship Information
Click here for general internship information.
Click here National Association of Colleges and Employers Internship Criteria.
Stay in Touch
Facebook: MSU Communication Internship Program